Friday, June 2, 2017

ASOIAF/GOT: AS a reader, which storyline in Game of Thrones annoys you the most?

Few people would argue that the entire Season 5-Season 6  Dorne storyline holds the crown for most annoying storyline ever. No contest.
So bad it is funny, actually. Or it would be if I could only stop weeping.
But I have some runner ups:
  • Where. Are. My. Dragons!?

     Dany’s Season 2 arc. Okay, okay, Clash of King’s Daenerys arc kind of peters out pointlessly; and yes, as interesting as the exotica and mythological factor that the book is going for may be, it doesn’t make for riveting TV. So I can see why they wanted to write something new. But that storyline was really just cheap. And by the way…what the hell ever happened to show Quaithe? Why did they even include her?
  • Jon Snow and the ranging with Qhorin halfhand.(Season 2) Why, oh, why? Was there any reason to turn Jon Snow and Qhorin Halfhand both into raging incompetents? Those last couple of Jon chapters are the balls! (That means they are good: I think.)

    But while I remember book Qhorin Halfhand being an utter badass; and I remember book Jon showing quite a lot of character and bravery, I don’t remember them being…so stupid. Was that in the first pressing?

    But producers Donald and Dom had the brilliant idea to rewrite that arc. Their excuse? They were filming in Iceland and it was, like, cold. No time to proper script writing.
Duh….Gee, Jonny. HOw we gonna get outta this one?
 I dunno, Qhorin. I have gas.
  • Tyrion. Where the heck are they going with him? They are totally lost. The all-time greatest character in fantasy literature ) handed to them on a silver platter and they botched it.

     They have invested so much time making him a guy who knows everything plus has nothing but the best of intentions (a stark contrast to the fascinating tragic figure of the books) only to turn around and pour the S2 Jon Snow bucket of idiot-water on him in Season 6 and give all Dany’s bad decisions to him.
Look Tyrion’s drinking. hahahaha!! Only with a twist!! That’s comedy. Gets me every time..
My God, is there anything more pointless than Tyrion in Season 6? I ask you in all seriousness.
  • Stannis…Granted. He is not the easiest character to portray onscreen. I felt like GRRM and the one writer guy(Brian whats-his-face — Cranston?) got it, but Davison and Dagwood…they do not get it.
Stannis: Where are my arms?
  • Arya doing Frey pies.they totally turned Arya into a seventies TV movie of the week horror movie crazy chick. That really bugged me. Was I supposed to cheer at the fact that Arya has pretty much eradicated her own soul for vengeance? Yuck! I like it when it is Manderly. And, you know, subtle. Not Arya.
Mua-hahahahahahhahaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment