Monday, January 18, 2016

Game of Thrones(not A Song of Ice and Fire): Just prior to Stannis's "death" when he had a chance to, why didn't he correct Brienne on the matter of who is the true king?

You're lying against a tree. Bleeding the last bits of your life away into the snow. Youve just watched your daughter burn a horrible death, screaming for your help while you watched her, unblinking.
  Your daughter. Shirreen. Your now and your future.
Your wife just hung herself. Actually, hanged herself. I must be slipping.
You haven't had your morning coffee because your darned supply tent got burned down the night before last. In fact, you didn't have any coffee yesterday, either, come to think of it.
  And you've  just seen your army utterly routed.
The world is cold. The sky is grey.
You watch the crows work at the corpses scattered around you for awhile. My God, you think. Has there ever been a day so dreary?
Suddenly, a manly loooking woman in armor comes up to you with a disgusted frown on her face. You've seen that frown before. Why does she always wear that frown?you think, idly. Does she not know it makes her look a right hag? Cheer up, chickadee: for the day is bright and full of joy. Ha-ha. Who is she, anyway? Ah, yes, one of Renly's lady-boys. Or boy-ladys, or...whatever. Who could keep track of that guy's weird world?
She says: You slew Renly,  the rightful king.
You squint up at her. It occurs to you to say: well, actually, technically you're wrong, you see, because Renly was the THIRD son and I'm the second. And yes, I know about the Lannister children, but they are actually bastards so they don't count. You see, your 'loverboy',since that's how you plainly think of him,  wasn't rightful king: in fact, he wasn't even the rightful STORMLORD, Robert literally broke the law just to tick me off. He was treasonous and the cost is death. I don't make the rules. I mean, I know he was likable and all, but I'm just saying he was no legal king, that's all. I mean, if I had a book of laws here I would prove it to you but I thought this was pretty common knowledge, to be honest.
Nah. What would be the point? She doesn't look like she'd appreciate the finer points of a lecture in Laws of Succession. And she's still got that disgusted frown on her face. Is she going to kill me or vomit on me? Come on, woman, or whatever. Are you gonna behead me or what? I'm dying anyway.
You squint up at her. One last look at the white, grey and black world. "Go on. Do your duty."

No comments:

Post a Comment