Saturday, November 5, 2016

ASOIAF/GOT: Who are the biggest hypocrites of Game of Thrones?

Tywin is definitely hypocrite number one for me. In fact, Tywin is just a dick to his son. I mean can you imagine hating your own son so much that you
  • force his wife to be gang-raped and force your son to join in.
  • forbid your son from having sex with whores.
  • fuck the whore your son’s having sex with after she has betrayed your son to certain death.
Ugh. Tywin makes me feel ill. I was so happy when he got shot in the bowels while shitting. The only real justice in the books, if you ask me.
Note: Beren Wollensack has mentioned the theory that Shae was in Tywin’s employ all along. I’m familiar with that theory, but don’t subscribe to it, personally. For me, Tywin’s hypocritical sex life is the twist that completes his character.

But what about Daenerys? She stands against child murder. Crucifies a random 168, (or 162, or whatever) set of masters to demonstrate how against child killing she is. That’s fine.
But wake her dragon a little bit, and she has no problem numbly acquiescing to the Shavepate torturing some girls to force information out of their father.

I’d like to give a shout-out here to my homie, Barristan the Bold. For all his contempt of the Kingslayer, he plays musical kings more adeptly than probably any King’s guard in History.

Really, the list is endless.
WE are all hypocrites sometimes. I think accusations of hypocrisy are probably the least of your problems, when you play the Game of Thrones.

No comments:

Post a Comment