Thursday, May 12, 2016

ASOIAF: Who are the three most boring characters in ASOIAF?


  • Arys Oakheart: really pointless having his point of view, in my opinion. One of the only flaws in the narrative in my opinion. It almost seems mean-spirited, which I don't usually get from ASOIAF. Arianne is the dame, though.
  • Aeron Greyjoy: His chapters have a lot of AWESOME world building--GRRM is clearly inspired by the Ironborn more than he is by, say, the Westermen. And though I am amused by Euron's character, and I wouldn't want to lose him,  he's one of the least exciting to me, by himself.
  • Areo Hotah: I get it, we need a POV who isn't Doran or Arianne to maintain Doran's mystery. But let's face it, Hotah is a blank slate. A bad-ass blank slate. But still a blank slate. I like it, though. Just not really a very developed POV. Still, I think his chapters are beautifully done.

No comments:

Post a Comment