Friday, May 20, 2016

Game of Thrones: Why is it considered dishonorable that Howland Reed stabbed Ser Arthur Dayne in the back at the Tower of Joy?

For the same reason people hate Robert Ford for shooting Jesse James in the back. It’s just considered a cowardly thing to do.
Do I agree with that?
Well, let’s just say that if I were in Ned Stark’s position, I’d be buying Howland Reed a beer.
Seriously.
I don’t understand why it’s somehow less honorable to do it the way it was done then it was to gang up 6 to 2 in the first place. I mean, it would seem that once you decide not to go one on one(or two on two), you pretty much are going to get the job done no matter what.
And it seems to me that when you have a job to do, you do it. Even if it means stabbing someone in the back. Howland Reed saved his liege lord.
I think the relevant thing is that Bran is shocked to learn that reality in war is far different from the songs of knightly valor that he’s grown up on.
See also Sansa.

No comments:

Post a Comment